Duct is a key part of central air-conditioning system. It plays a very important role in adjusting air condition in buildings. The air condition and appearance of buildings are related with duct quality. The material used for duct is constantly evolving in order to satisfy the demand for higher and higher quality, greater respect for the environment, and increased savings in energy. Many different materials and systems such as magnetite composite, PVC and more have been developed as alternatives to the galvanized sheet metal used traditionally, but pre-insulated duct is a fresh blood of duct systems. It is a sandwich panel that is made with PIR (Polyisocyanurate) foam faced with aluminum foil. It seemed to be a trend to use AIR pre-insulated duct on world duct market instead of traditional duct systems. AIR pre-insulated duct has been steadily developed and spread around the world, as its application has been gradually extended to every type of air distribution system: industrial, civil and commercial.
Advantages of YS ductwork:
- Air quality: air is only ever in contact with aluminium.
- Excellent insulation: Thermal conductivity coefficient = 0.020-0.021 W/m.k.
- Completely sealed: all joins sealed from within with glue and silicone.
- Weight +/- 1.5kg/m2. Less supports needed and therefore less work and materials required.
- Resistance: 1.05Mpa, light but robust.
- Four sided ducting easily standardised sizes and pieces.
- Able to be constructed directly on site.
- Minimum tools: only 2 specialised tools required.
- Minimum waste: Maximum use and control of materials.
- Easy to put together: able to be installed by any tradesperson.
- Multipurpose ducting: for any type of installation.
- Unlimited possibilities: using the system correctly you can construct ducts of any size and shape.
- Excellent internal and external finish: pure embossed aluminium.
- Very competitive cost.